In this Complaints Policy the following expressions have the following meanings:
|“Business Day”||Means, any day (other than Saturday or Sunday) on which ordinary banks are open for their full range of normal business in the United Kingdom;|
|“Company”||Means Artisanry Co. (Holding) CIC 26 Belford Gardens, Edinburgh, EH4 3EW;|
|“Complaint”||Means either (a) a complaint by a Maker about the Company’s services whether provided by employees, sub-contractors or customer service generally or,(b) a complaint by a Customer about a Maker as the case may be;|
|“Complaints Form”||Means our standard complaints form, available from the Website;|
|“Complaints Policy”||Means this document and any variation thereof as may be published on the Website;|
|“Complaints Procedure”||Means the Company’s internal complaints handling procedure which is followed when handling a Complaint and is available from the Website for your reference;|
|“Complaint Reference”||Means a unique number assigned to your Complaint that will be used to track your Complaint;|
|“Customer”||Means a Customer of a Maker;|
|“Maker(s)”||Means those who make Products which are exposed for sale on the Website;|
|“Products”||Means Products exposed for sale on the Website;|
|“Service Providers”||Means the Company or the Company’s employees or sub-contractors as the case may be;|
|“Services”||Means services provided by Service Providers; and|
|“Website”||Means the Company’s website – www.artisanryco.co.uk|
- Purpose of this Complaints Policy
1. We welcome and encourage feedback of all kinds from our customers. If you have a Complaint about our Services or customer service generally, not only do we want to resolve it to your satisfaction but we also want to learn from it in order to improve our business and customer experience in the future.
2. It is our policy to resolve Complaints quickly and fairly, where possible without recourse to formal investigations or external bodies. In particular, the aims of this Complaints Policy are:
- to provide a clear and fair procedure for any customers who wish to make a Complaint about Services;
- to ensure that everyone working for or with us knows how to handle Complaints made by our customers;
- to ensure that all Complaints are handled equally and in a fair and timely fashion; and
- to ensure that important information is gathered from Complaints and used in the future to avoid such a situation arising again.
- What this Complaints Policy Covers
1. This Complaints Policy applies to the provision of Services.
2. For the purposes of this Complaints Policy, any complaint about a Service provided by a Maker to a Customer may be addressed to and dealt with by the Company insofar as it has an interest so to do but it is expressly declared that the contract between the Maker and a customer is governed by the Maker’s terms and conditions and the contract of sale between them does not include the Company in that contractual relationship. Consequently, any complaint from a Customer must be dealt with by the Maker.
3. Complaints may relate to any of our activities and may include (but not be limited to):
- The quality of customer service you have received from us;
- The behaviour and/or professional competence of our employees or Makers; or
- Delays or other problems associated with the provision of Services.
4. The following are not considered to be Complaints and should therefore be addressed accordingly:
- General questions about Services;
- Matters concerning contractual or other legal disputes between a Maker and a Customer; and/or
- Formal requests for the disclosure of information, for example, under Data Protection legislation.
- Making a Complaint
1. All Complaints, whether they concern Services or Service Providers or Makers should be made in one of the following ways:
- by email, addressed to Bhawna Sarin at email@example.com; and
- using our Complaints Form, following the instructions included with the form.
2. When making a Complaint, you will be required to provide the following information in as much detail as is reasonably possible:
- your name, address, telephone number and email address. We will contact you using your preferred contact method as your Complaint is handled;
- if you are making a Complaint on behalf of someone else, that person’s name and contact details as well as your own;
- if you are making a Complaint about a particular transaction, the reference number, order number or invoice number;
- if you are making a Complaint about a particular Service Provider or Maker, the name and, where appropriate, position of that Service Provider or Maker;
- further details of your Complaint including, as appropriate, all times, dates, events, and people involved;
- details of any documents or other evidence you wish to rely on in support of your Complaint; and
- details of what you would like us to do to resolve your Complaint and to put things right. (Please note that whilst we will make every reasonable effort to accommodate such requests, we are not bound to take any action beyond that which we may be contractually or otherwise legally obliged to take.)
- How we Handle your Complaint
1. Following our Complaints Procedure, our aim is to always resolve Complaints to your satisfaction.
2. Upon receipt of your Complaint, it will be logged in our complaints log and will be acknowledged in writing within 14 days, giving you a Complaint Reference.
3. When we acknowledge receipt of your Complaint, we will also inform you of who is to handle your Complaint. This may be the person to whom your original Complaint was directed (as above) or your Complaint may be delegated to an appropriate member of our team.
4. If your Complaint relates to a specific Maker or other Service Provider, that person will be informed of your Complaint and given a fair and reasonable opportunity to respond. Any communication between you and the Maker or Service Provider in question should take place only through the person handling your Complaint and we respectfully ask that you do not contact the Maker or Service Provider in question directly concerning the Complaint while we are working to resolve it.
5. If we require any further information or evidence from you, we will contact you as quickly as is reasonably possible to ask for it. We ask that you use reasonable efforts to supply any such information or evidence quickly in order to avoid delaying the Complaints Procedure. If you are for any reason unable to provide such information or evidence, we will use all reasonable efforts to proceed without it, however please be aware that we will not ask for further information or evidence unless we consider it important to the successful resolution of your Complaint.
6. We aim to resolve Complaints within 20 working days, however in some cases, particularly if your Complaint is of a complex nature, this may not be possible. If this is not possible for any reason you will be informed of the delay, the likely length of the delay and the reasons for it.
7. At the conclusion of the Complaints Procedure, regardless of the outcome, we will provide you with full details of our investigation, our conclusions from that investigation, and any action taken as a result. Our decision at this stage is final.
- Confidentiality and Data Protection etc.
1. All Complaints and information relating thereto are treated with the utmost confidence. Such information will only be shared with those Makers or Service Providers who need to know in order to handle your Complaint.
2. We may ask for your permission to use details of your Complaint (with your personal details removed) for internal training and quality improvement purposes. If you have given such permission, you may revoke it at any time by contacting Bhawna Sarin through the Website.
3. All personal information that we may collect (including, but not limited to, your name and address) will be collected, used and held in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 as amended and your rights under Data Protection legislation generally.
4. Nothing in this Complaints Policy affects your rights in law. It is agreed, however, that all Complaints must, in the first instance, be processed by way of this Complaints Policy. If appropriate after review, the Company may direct you to the Terms and Conditions of the Maker if the Complaint is with regard to the service provided by a Maker or a Product as delivered.
- Questions and Further Information
If you have any questions or require further information about any aspect of this Complaints Policy or about our Complaints Procedure, please contact Bhawna Sarin by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Policy Responsibility and Review
1. Overall responsibility for this Complaints Policy and the implementation thereof lies with Peter Dorward, a Director of the Company.
2. This Complaints Policy is regularly reviewed and updated as required.
3. This Complaints Policy was adopted on 27th July 2020.
4. This Complaints Policy will be reviewed on or around 27th July 2021.