1. CAN I JOIN ARTISANRY CO. EVEN IF I AM NOT BASED IN THE UNITED KINGDOM?
No, we only accept makers if they are based in the United Kingdom. Please keep an eye on the website for changes in the future.
2. CAN ANY artisans, crafters, and artists join Artisanry Co.?
Generally, any artisans, crafters, and artists can join as long they fit our benchmarking criteria that we are developing. This is to ensure that we promote only true UK based artisans, crafters, and artists.
3. Am I still an artisan if I have a small manufacturing unit?
Generally, we only promote artisans who work on their own or in small teams. Please contact us if you need more specific information as each case is different.
4. IS THERE A JOINING FEE FOR ARTISANRY CO.?
There are three options for joining Artisanry Co. – Basic and Premium. Please see details on the Join Us page.
5. Can I join now and pay later?
There is no joining fee until February 29th 2020.
6. Can I pay my joining fee in instalments?
We are not charging a joining fee at the moment. However, when we do, we will have the option of paying in installments. Please speak to our team for further details.
7. We are a social enterprise working with a disadvantaged group of people. Can we sell through your platform?
Yes, you can. As a social enterprise ourselves, we are committed to supporting charities and other social enterprises that work with disadvantaged people to create artisan work. Please contact us for more information if needed.
8. When will Artisanry Co. start selling products on the platform?
We hope to start selling by Mid 2020. Exact dates are yet to be confirmed. Please keep an eye on the website for updates.
9. How much will I pay when I sell my products on Artisanry Co.?
10. Do you have special rates for other social enterprises and charities?
Yes, we do! Please contact us for details.
11. Will I have to sign a legal contract to sell my products?
Yes, you will have to sign a contract to sell your products with Artisanry Co. This contract will not preclude you from selling with other platforms.
12. Do you allow customers to directly get in touch with makers on the platform?
Yes, we do! In fact, we encourage customers to meet the artisans, crafters, and artists wherever possible to promote better visibility of their work.
13. Why do you charge the makers on the platform if Artisanry Co. is a social enterprise?
We charge the makers because as a social enterprise we are self-funded and do not depend on any government grants or funds. However, we aim to put our profits back into the company to deliver our social impact. For more information, please check our social impact section.